Friday, April 27, 2012

Glide OS, A Web Based Computer

I have been working with an IT industry since long and always try to backup the important stuff I have created. Not only this but, I also try to carry my laptop with me in order to create some presentation or write a document while I was having my coffee. But, why do I always need to carry the laptop when my friend is carrying his laptop. As I think if someone has internet access and I can simply create a presentation by borrowing a laptop then why do I need to take risk of carrying my device in Karachi, where snatching is too common.

But, problem is how can I create a presentation on someone's PC by keeping my presentation secure and private without downloading on his/her system. Here, I wished so many times that could have an OS which should be virtual where I can create or update my documents.

Or by getting back to my laptop I can easily synchronize that document from server to my local machine, so that I can continue my changes into that. Well, in this case I found Glide OS, A web based operating system with 30 GB of free space. Yes, free space of 30 GB is being offered by this company. And I have been using it since past 2 years and try to update my all the important documents to that. So, I can easily access my important information everywhere.

As it's a complete OS created by TransMX, for which I am really thankful to them. As I can easily develop website pages, documents, presentations and other then this I can also synchronize my calendar and contacts directly to the server by using a client utility provided for all the OS.

In most of the cases I was unable to find the synchronizer for my Macbook which is a plus for me to have the client for macbook too. This client can get the information from outlook and can get synchronized. PhotoEditor is not like photoshop but a basic tool for photo editing which is fair enough for me to use. As, for professional picture editing I commonly go for my machine rather then using this.  User interface of the whole OS is also a plus.

Well, here I am not comparing it with Google Drive as google drive is not exactly the same because Google Drive offers sharing which unfortunately Glide OS doesn't offer in collaboration mode. So, both tools are different and have different significance. In my opinion sign up for both and have fun.

Website for GlideOS Registration: http://www.glidedigital.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment